Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Aristotle Bridge

Another really full day. We to set off promptly today as we needed to be in Oxford this evening to pick up the car and collect exam results. On-board systems failure made for a change of plan. The toilet clogged just after setting off. After about 20 minutes poking and banging the pipes, I decided we needed a new pipe.
This is the pipe originally installed in 2008.
I took the bike back to Tadpole Bridge, picked the car up and after telephone enquiries with Tooleys boatyard in Banbury made my way to Lee San in Fenny Crompton where I purchased a new length of pipe. Problem solved, not a moment too soon for the crew.
We took the Duke's Cut to rejoin the Oxford canal.

I found a mooring at Aristotle Bridge.

Total distance is 19 miles, ¾ furlongs and 6 locks
Moored at Aristotle Bridge, Oxford canal.

No comments: