Saturday, October 05, 2019

Aylesbury

Down to Aylesbury.
The Aylesbury arm is a quiet backwater but I think it's worth a visit. The arm is only 6 miles long but there are 16 locks to negotiate. Moorings are a bit sparse and some sections of the canal are only just wide enough for a single narrowboat. I used to go to school in Aylesbury, crossing the canal every day, so taking the boat to Aylesbury was on my wish list

Here's the replacement for the bridge I used to cross

There are actually plenty of visitor moorings once you get the centre of Aylesbury, and also at Circus Fields, the Aylesbury Canal Society's basin just outside the centre, so you could quite easliy spend two weeks in the centre of Aylesbury.
Today, I refitted the restored Cratch board. I've changed to colour and adjusted the position of the horn so it faces forward rather than down.

No comments: