Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Judi was coming up to our place with her family at the weekend but the were snowed in! Service at Haddenham Methodist church last Sunday with a bit of a tribute for Mum by the people at church who knew her. There was a fair turn-out. I met people I've not seen for over a decade. I suppose most of them were middle aged when I lived in Haddenham in the eighties. After the service the origianl plan was to have a pub meal at the Green Dragon or the Rose and Thistle but in the event my cousin Chris and his wife had to go home and Judi and family were not there, so we swung by our old house and then went home.

We've engaged an estate agent to sell Mum's bungalow. I've done some back of the envelope sums and we're going to have to pay some inheritance tax on Mum's estate. It's strange to be worrying about such things.

No comments: