Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Angels at 12 O'Clock!


Wow! On Sunday I was treated to my own personal fly past. Or it seemed like it.
I was the only member of the family outside at the time when I heard a familiar sound: Merlin engines. Then a Lancaster flew over at what could not be more than a couple of thousand feet. Now I know that there are only one or two airworthy Lancasters in the world, one of which is in Canada. So it must have been PA474 of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight so I checked their web site and sure enough the list told me she was on her way to do a flypast at Bletchley and then on to RAF Duxford for a display. That meant the the plane was only three or four minutes away from the flypast and thus lined up at the appropriate altitude to pass over Bletchley Park. An inspiring sight.

No comments: