Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It Must be Good for You. It's Got Milk in it



We visited Cadbury World today. After spending the night on the Bourneville visitor moorings we left Syncopation for a few hours with Arrow on guard. The factory tour and exhibits were a part of the attraction but I think the chocolate had a lot to do with the allure of Cadbury World. As S said of the chocolate: "It must be good for you, it's got milk in it". The problem is all that other stuff. By the melted chocolate tasting counter there was a sign about nutritional content and GDAs. It made me laugh in the midst of the overindulgence. I looked at the wrapper of one of the small bars I was given on the tour - 1/4 of my GDA for sugar.

I found the chimney we bought last week at the chandlery at Whilton marina is too small in diameter for our stove pipe terminal. We'll have to try to exchange it on our way back.

We pulled the pins at 4PM and set off again. I noticed we had ripped out one of the screws securing the forward port fairlead during the night. Another little job to do..

Moored tonight on the North Stratford canal near Hockley Heath.

No comments: