Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Afloat Again


Finally made it back aboard. Cathy is in Manchester as her mum is ill. I've decided to be brave and single-hand with three children in tow. We arrived at Syncopation's mooring at about two in the afternoon despite my best intentions of a prompt start. We headed south through the Blisworth tunnel, arriving in Stoke Bruerne in time for ice cream from the Boat Inn and fridge magnets from the narrowboat shop moored just past the museum.

I then braved the gauntlet of gongoozlers at the top lock. At about this point I realised I had forgotten to pack number one son's medicine so the plan for the last half of the week has been changed. We'll turn around and go back to Blisworth to pick up the car and go home for the tablets before continuing North for a day.

At the end of the day..






















Moored below Lock 15, Stoke Bruerne

Total distance is 3 miles, 1¾ flg and 2 locks.

No comments: