Friday, July 31, 2009

Another Blogger's Boat


I loaded most of the luggage and groceries on board from the very handy car park at Pigeon Bridge before setting off again. I decided to push on to get within walking distance of Kidlington to make it feasible to join the boat by bus at the start of our holiday tomorrow. There are a remarkable number of long term moorings around Shipton on Cherwell and Thrupp and I was unable to find a mooring until it was nearly fully dark. It was too dark to take a picture of Maffi's boat, the Milly M, at Thrupp. I moored outside the surprisingly quiet Jolly Boatman restaurant.

Moored at the Jolly Boatman, Thrupp.

Total distance is 4 miles, 0 flg and 2 locks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you want a good space at Thrupp think about arriving mid-day. Sorry I missed you.